Friday, June 19, 2015

Mixing schmoylent with anything is just useless.

Breakfast: 50g Schmoylent, 50g Soylent, 4g MCT oil.

Ok, seriously, the schmoylent is just terrible. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of things about it. It fills me up, I feel good when I eat it, but the consistency is just somehow wet sand, no matter what else I do to it. And it tastes artificial and weird.

So Eric and I are trying to finish off the Schmoylent (hey, this stuff isn't free, would like to get my value out of it). This morning my kitchen counter had one portion of soylent and one portion of schmoylent. I decided that the only solution was to mix the two, since I was making breakfast for me and Eric. I can't even tell there is soylent in this. I still have all the grit and all the weird vanilla flavor of the schmoylent as the only thing I notice. *sigh*

2 more bags of Schmoylent to go (out of 7). That's 6 to 8 meals. I can do this. I have help!

Meanwhile, on Tuesday I bit the bullet and started a subscription to Soylent. One of the reasons I didn't go with Soylent in the first place was that it was super back ordered and I didn't want to wait another 5 weeks or so. Soylent isn't backordered anymore. I ordered it on Tuesday, it was on my doorstep on Thursday. Yep. I now have Soylent 1.5, the pitcher and the scoop!

Why did I order more before we finish off the Schmoylent and the Soylent 1.4? Well, because it's less expensive to have a subscription, and Eric dove into it with me. Also, because Eric has decided that Soylent will be a large portion of our burning man food planning. So yeah, I guess I'm gifting Soylent on the playa. My life is weird.  That means we wanted some extra stock pile of it.

Yesterday I ate Schmoylent for breakfast and Soylent for lunch. I didn't snack on anything, I wasn't hungry at any point and at no time did I have any need for a different flavor in my life. Food is great, don't get me wrong. Earlier in the week I had a delicious and terrible for me chicken pesto crepe. But I need to eat more often than I care about food. It was really nice to just have a lunch that took me about 30 seconds to make. Also, the water in our coolers at work is super cold and made for a really good temperature of soylent!

I'm looking forward to my 1.4 vs 1.5 taste test in a week or so. Anyone want in on that?

No comments:

Post a Comment