Friday, May 29, 2015

Separation and more sand

Schmoylent: Day 7
Breakfast: 120g serving of Vanilla Schmoylent with MCT oil

Ok, couple of comments on today's concocotion.

I didn't do anything to it. I just made it with powder, oil and water, per the recommendation. I mixed it up this morning (didn't feel like cleaning the blender, dishwased it overnight), with some ice, and let it chill for an hour before I left for work. It was nice and cold and it was nicely thinned out. I'm thinking I might be narrowing in on how much of the powder I need to use to be full all morning. Today was 120g (instead of the 1/3 of a bag serving of 155g) and that kept me totally fine until I had lunch at 1pm. I think 100g might be just about right.

But the separation thing that happened yesterday happened today too. Mouth full of sand for the last 1/4 of the bottle or so. I added more water today and that did not fix things. In fact, it was so bad I just didn't finish breakfast. So at 3pm it's still sitting on my desk, not having been touched since about 11am.


Seriously, check out that separation!



I think I've decided to just chalk this up to a bad bag of Schmoylent. After all, as far as I know, this stuff was made by a guy in his kitchen. This was my 3rd bag and it's behaving badly. Maybe it's just not mixed thoroughly. Maybe it's  out of proportion. I dunno. I can certainly finish it, but I'm hoping I don't see this behavior with other bags of the stuff. Yes, I can get it to blend back into solution, but it doesn't stay that way, it starts separating out again, and it's totally like drinking sand. Bleh.

And because this made me laugh, here's The Onion's take on what I'm doing. Thanks for the link Brenna!

http://www.theonion.com/americanvoices/tech-industry-employees-drinking-liquid-meals-work-50528

No comments:

Post a Comment