Thursday, May 28, 2015

Mouth full of sand

Schmoylent: Day 6
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Vanilla Schmoylent with MCT oil and "iced hazelnut instant coffee"

I dropped my car off for service today, so I'm stuck in my office with no way to get food. That's ok, that's exactly what this Schmoylent thing is all about. I only drank half of a normal portion for breakfast and now I'm having the 2nd half for lunch.

Today I added that instant coffee that I talked about. It made the flavor predictably weird (all additives are doing that), but I was awake until 1am and got up at 7:30, so the extra caffeine is nice.

So here's the thing. Something happened to this mix between breakfast and lunch. I don't know what happened, but it's like all the stuff that makes this sludgy decided to stick together and come out of solution. It's literally like drinking watered down sand. I just took a picture of sand looking stuff covering my tongue after taking a drink. I will spare you.

Maybe it was the coffee. Maybe I didn't add enough oil. Maybe I added too much water. In any case, it was yucky.

But, it's 2pm and I had one smaller portion (140g instead of 155g of the mix) of Schmoylent today and I'm still really full.

No comments:

Post a Comment